Monday, October 27, 2008

"God is great, God is good....."



I made Evan set a goal this morning. I'm still not even sure he understands what a real "goal" is. The only "goal" he knows (not necessarily understands) is the "goal" I set every morning of our weekday lives (we live totally different lives on the weekends) to leave the house on time and with everything we need for the day. Back to my point; on our way to school, we talk about so many things, books we read the night before, what we will do after school, what the weekend will be like, review colors, songs, numbers, etc. This morning, I was surprised to hear him saying a little prayer. I'm still not exactly sure what he was praying about, but I heard him say "God, Thank You and Amen" and when I turned around his hands were correctly folded and I knew only he knew what he was praying for (I assumed it was probably me :-)) My response to this cute and big kid-like gesture, was to say a prayer with him. We started, "God is Great, God is Good, Let us Thank Him........." (sadly, the only poem-like one I know) But, little did I know, he knew most of the words already! (Thanks, ASA) I know he didn't learn that from his Father and I. SO, I told him that it would be so special that if, for Thanksgiving, he said the blessing at dinner and prayed in front of everyone. He agreed that it was a GREAT idea! So, every morning,on our way to school - we will practice. And, on Thanksgiving - he will surprise everyone and remind us all what we have to be thankful for: Our lives, our health and our precious children.

No comments: