Wednesday, November 7, 2012

26.2 again.

Extremely thankful to be able to run another marathon last month. I trained for a year and having a full time job this year restricted my typical training schedule. I realized throughout the year, that this was going to be my last one. Excessive training took too much time away from family, my knee had constant pain for half of the race and I'm tired. Half marathons and sprint triathlons are much easier! I look forward to PR-ing in both of those in 2013.

I had an amazing time in DC. The weather ended up being beautiful, despite the arrival of Hurricane Sandy, which destroyed portions of NY and NJ the day after I left. Once again, thankful for great timing and support from my husband, who allowed me to travel and fulfill my dream of completing the 6 marathons I wanted to complete in the United States.






No comments: