Monday, January 12, 2009

Ahhhh....Edwin McCain (a long, personal post) :-)


side note: his hair is now short!!! :-)
www.Edwin.com - Website
Lyrics - "Couldn't Love You More"
After the big parade when all the limelight fadesI'll be the one to kiss your eyes. The roar fades in the air like hope from a lover's prayer. The light from my heart begins to rise.
Chorus: And they said I couldn't love you and that it would never last. He's just a crazy boy just look at his past. And they said I couldn't love you but that was just a lie. I couldn't love you more if I tried. I was the lucky one, the one having all the fun. Running into the sun, the party never ends. You waited there for me so loving and patiently. Shutting out sad words from your friends.
(Chorus)
I don't own any armor and I might not be that braveYou might be the one I resuce but I'll be the one you save
(Chorus)
(end)
.....It all started when Scott & I were getting married. We were discussing what song we wanted to dance to for our 1st dance. Although I had never heard of the singer, "I'll Be" was 1st on my list. I mentioned the song to Scott & he said, "heck yeah! I met Edwin McCain in Vail". Huh? Who's Edwin McCain? His reply was something like, "Duh...the one who sings that song".....oh, ooops! :-) Needless to say, Scott did meet him in Vail and we did dance to that song. A couple weeks ago Edwin came to the House of Blues in Orlando and I was FINALLY (after 3 years) able to see him in person! IT WAS MORE THAN AMAZING! Other than my love, Kenny C, that was the BEST concert I had ever been to. His genre is unique, his style is unique, his following is unique. I LOVED it! So, I'm a TOTAL groupie, now! fan club, email list, bought almost all of his CDs.....SO, the song "I'll Be" was perfect for Scott and I and told our story in the not-so-traditional "country love-song" kind of way (nothing against country love songs)...That's just the way our lives were, are and probably will always be..NON-TRADITIONAL! :-) There is a song on the Scream & Whisper album, that once again was written just for us :-) "#6, "Couldn't Love You More" is just our lives....no marriage is perfect (if yours is, can you PLEASE counsel Scott & I) and as a new wife, it took a while for me to realize that. My best friend told me, that "a marriage isn't a marriage until it has been tried" and I so believe that. Every time we make it through a rough patch, I feel our relationship grows even stronger and individually, we become better at it. I love my husband so very much! I love his weaknesses, his strengths, his highs and lows. It takes a strong heart to say that and I know Scott has a strong heart too :-) God knows, I can be a BIG pain in the butt and I am thankful he loves me, even those parts of me.....OK, enough of the sappy, true lovin' stuff... 143, Babe! LCA

1 comment: