Sunday, May 4, 2008

Disney Minnie Marathon Weekend 08


Corando Springs Resort
Magic Kingdom
Nana & Evan on the Ferry Boat
Starting Line @ Animal Kingdom

Carbs!!!
Finish Line @ Epcot
He wanted to wear my "cool necklace"
Animal Kingdom (Mt. Everest in the background)

The Newell Family @ Animal Kingdom

I never thought I could have so much fun doing something I'm really not *that good* at. My Mom & Evan were there to send me off at the staring line and met me at the finish line, too! Thanks, MOM!!! Happy Mother's Day! I find it quite inspiring to see all walks of life and all shapes and sizes racing, running and actually enjoying it! The Disney Minnie Marathon is a 15k (9.32 miles) starting at Animal Kingdom finishing at Epcot. After running an average of 12.86 min per mile at the Disney Marathon in January, I was determined to improve! My goal for this race was a 10 min mile. I'm not sure what my official time is, but it was 1:33:-something; meaning, LESS than a 10 min mile (9.97 mile per min) YAH!!! Uncle Pete, I missed having you as my running buddy! (I never stopped - not even for a bathroom break) :-) PLEASE register for the NYC Marathon, NO WAY I can do that without ya! It would be soooo cool if we both got in! I've already told Dee that we are running this race next year as a Sister Team! It's such a neat experience. This is a fun *sport* and I'm no spring chicken, so getting into this at an older age was challenging. I'm definitely in better shape, mentally & physically and its nice to look back and see hundreds and even thousands running *behind* me. We have a FABULOUS weekend at Disney World enjoying Magic Kindom & Animal Kingdom. I'm ready for a good night sleep!

No comments: