Monday, January 14, 2008

26.2 miles = 5:37:02

I did it!

After 11 months of training for the Disney Marathon, I was rewarded yesterday with a really cool 15-year anniversary mickey medal! I finished the marathon in 5:37:02 (chip time) and felt like a champ at 23 minutes less that what I set my goal! Never got the first cramp, stomach ache, head ache or blister! A little sore today, but nothing out of the ordinary. All of those long, early morning, and late night runs paid off! I crossed the finish line with a tear of joy!....and relief! My husband Scott and best friend Tiffany were there to see me cross the finish line and having them there made it even more sweet! It was like a dream. A life-long goal of mine had been accomplished at age 32! With an average heart rate of 145 and an average pace of 12.86 minutes per mile (I stopped 6 times to use the bathroom) :-), the race was over. I can never really explain that feeling, but it was certainly something I had never experienced before...the birth of our son and our wedding day are 2 of the only moments I can put in front of the incredible feeling I had.

A BIG thank you to Scott and Tiffany for being there for me...and for our FABULOUS neighbors, The Valle Family for always taking care of the dogs (and our home), no matter what shape we leave them in. To Eric & Tammy Pickles for helping me celebrate (in slow motion) at our "post-race dinner" at The Rain Forest Cafe! I love all of you and couldn't have done it without your continuous support and encouragement! To my Aunt Chris & Uncle Pete, thanks for helping me "get around" the morning of! I would have been lost without you. I'm so proud of you guys and admire your strength. Congrats on your marathon accomplishment! By the way; DNF = "Darn Nice Finish"....I LOVE you both and so happy you will be a part of this memory!!!!!

Okay, so what next? hmmmmmm.....I say the 2008 NYC Marathon...you in, Scotty?

No comments: